JAMES K. TILLER, CPA
Tax Partner, North Carolina Certificate #25846
Jim has over twenty years of public accounting experience. Before joining the firm in 2005, Jim spent over ten years with two of the Big Four accounting firms. He started his career by working on audits of publicly-held companies and middle-market companies, and then transitioned to tax where he worked on high net worth individuals, trusts, gift taxes, privately held pass-through entities, and multi-state corporations. Jim assists clients in complex transactional business, structuring/restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, partner redemptions, land and commercial development and other real estate dealings. He also assists our clients with income tax planning and compliance,cost segregation studies, multi-year and transaction tax matters, and conflict resolution with state and federal taxing authorities.
Education and Professional Affiliations
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Accounting
Appalachian State University, 1995
- American Institute of CPAs
- North Carolina Association of CPAs
- Trinity Baptist Church – baptism committee, Financial Peace University facilitator, Crown Financial Ministries leader, and deacon.
- Youth soccer and basketball coach for seven years.
[image_frame size=”full-fourth-portrait” image_path=”/wp-content/uploads/Jim_Tiller_2.jpg” description=”Jim Tiller” link_to_page=”” target=”_self”]